Weight loss, better health and more energy to last a lifetime...
Welcome to Wave 2, the main leg of your Sonoma eating plan. This is the Wave you’ll stay with until you reach your target weight. While Wave 1 helped you through a transition period of rapid weight loss, Wave 2 keeps the weight loss going. The loss isn’t as fast as in Wave 1, but it’s steady, healthy, and noticeable. By now, you’ve weaned your body off sweets and are starting to feel the rewards — more energy, greater mental clarity, better-fitting clothes!
With Wave 2 comes your full enjoyment of the Sonoma lifestyle. That means pleasurable eating, a heightened appreciation of fresh, wholesome foods, and a new, energetic physical health you can feel all day long. So it’s very important that you continue to make at least one daily meal a long and leisurely affair where you take your time and savor every bite. Exercise is also an important element of Wave 2, so be sure to stick with whatever exercise you’ve chosen to do.
Additional Wave 2 Foods to Enjoy
Along with all the Wave 1 foods, there are many new ones to add to your diet. Here are a few:
- A wider variety of fruits and two new tiers of vegetables join the lineup.
- Fat-free yogurt (plain) is a new dairy choice.
- Your fat allotment remains at three servings a day in the form of extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pecans, and avocados. (Remember, though, that these are in addition to the fats found in your protein sources and other foods).
- You’re allowed some sugar-free sweets, if you still want them. Maybe even a piece of dark chocolate on occasion. Honey is allowed too and will prove particularly useful for sweetening up some of The New Sonoma Diet recipes.
- A glass of wine can now be part of one of your daily meals.
- Snacks, too, can be a little more varied and substantive.
All in all, you’ll find Wave 2 much easier than Wave 1. That’s because it’s designed for the long haul. You may reach your target weight in a few weeks, a few months, or longer. Think of it as a culinary adventure and way of eating that becomes a lifestyle you wont want to give up, rather than a diet. The extra pounds will vanish either way.
Learn about Wave 3